This is My NBA - Weekly Review (Nov 6-Nov 13) -New Trades

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: This is My NBA - November 5, 2010

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 am

I'm also with the other layout, but because I love how the pics and boxscores look (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:39 am

John Wall with 22 assists. :o
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Warlock95 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, if you can't shoot it, pass it to another guy.

John Wall is a bust. The Wiz should've taken Blake Griffin.
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby Justine. on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

They had chance on Griffin? Really?
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Houndy on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:00 pm

You do know that Griffin was taken in 09 right?
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 am

J-Bark #95 wrote:Well, if you can't shoot it, pass it to another guy.

Really? :shake: You shouldn't go calling players busts in their rookie season, and the Wizards never had a chance with Griffin in '09.

Agent420, I actually like the new layout, all games are concise, and to the point. I don't know if it's just my computer, but the pics say 'bandwidth exceeded', can't see them. Maybe try using another image hosting site?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:31 am

Axel. wrote:I don't know if it's just my computer, but the pics say 'bandwidth exceeded', can't see them. Maybe try using another image hosting site?

Happening to me as well. That's why I use Photobucket only for the team logos and I host the pics, headers somewhere else (ImageShack, ImageBam). :wink:
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Pistol on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 am

Radioman wrote:The Pacers look very bad in here , but who knows its a long season. Without Hibbert they are missing something under the board, McRoberts isnt that board grabber. I cant imagine playing my Pacers association without Hibbert, he is grabbing 15 rpg for me.
-
Al and Ben the new leaders of the Nuggets did a great jop securing the first Nuggets win.
-
Personally i prefer the other layout, because i am a lazy reader and more into stats and pics, but thats just my personal view. :lol:

Yea I figured most people would rather see pictures than a block of lettering. I'm like to write so I'll probably switch between the two, but I'll add more pictures to this template. The Pacers are going to struggle, but maybe Granger can keep them in range to make a playoff run once Hibbert is back. Al and Ben played great for the Nuggets, let's just see if they can beat someone besides the Clippers.

Thierry • wrote:I'm also with the other layout, but because I love how the pics and boxscores look (Y)

Yea, I could try putting in mini boxscores, but a I said before I'll probably just switch between the two layouts.

shadowgrin wrote:John Wall with 22 assists. :o

He was getting it man, I played with the Knicks that game. Green and Lewis would not miss, holy shit. Wall was just as unstoppable and the Knicks are begging for Amare to make an early return.

J-Bark #95 wrote:Well, if you can't shoot it, pass it to another guy.

:facepalm2:

Justine. wrote:They had chance on Griffin? Really?

:facepalm2:

Houndy wrote:You do know that Griffin was taken in 09 right?

:applaud:

Axel. wrote:Really? :shake: You shouldn't go calling players busts in their rookie season, and the Wizards never had a chance with Griffin in '09.

Agent420, I actually like the new layout, all games are concise, and to the point. I don't know if it's just my computer, but the pics say 'bandwidth exceeded', can't see them. Maybe try using another image hosting site?

I agree, it's just his rookie season, plus in my season he is tearing it up. The Wizards are looking to make a playoff run with Wall, Lewis, and Green. Thanks, glad someone likes to read. The bandwidth thing is gone now, I don't know what that was all about. I just took the bars from the association list so I have no control over that. After that happened though, I'm thinking about making my own bars just in case.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby karlsanada10 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm still at page 2. Will follow this. And I felt sad for Livingston.:l
karlsanada10

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:56 pm

2 number 1 picks selected in the same draft in one year. Now that would be historic. :)

Even Agent420 couldn't make that happen. And This Is His NBA!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby rise on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am

Agent 420: Love the new layout! (Y)

J-Bark #95: Please shut up.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Weekly Review (Nov 6 - Nov 13)

Postby Pistol on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Image Written By NBA Staff Writer Casey Lee

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

November 6, 2010
Magic @ Bobcats (89-113)
Cavaliers @ Wizards (95-103)
Clippers @ Jazz (105-115)
Raptors @ Blazers (89-93)
Grizzlies @ Kings (104-117)
Nets @ Heat (88-111)
Hornets @ Bucks (99-106)
Rockets @ Spurs (103-118)
Nuggets @ Mavericks (112-104) OT

- Grant Hill announced today during a press conference that this will be his final season. Hill is averaging 11.0ppg, 4.6rpg, 2.8apg, and 1.7spg for the Phoenix Suns. Phoenix currently sits in the fourth spot in the Western Conference and is currently in second place in the pacific division race. Hill said this, "It's been a long seventeen years. My body can't take much more of this. I'm happy that the Suns are competing at a high level right now because I feel like we have a chance for me to go out on top. It may sound naive, but this group of guys is really clicking early on this season." Steve Nash was asked to comment on Hill's retirement announcement, "He has had a wonderful career and it's up to us as his teammates to help him in his hunt for a championship."
- The Denver Nuggets keep on rolling without Carmelo Anthony. Ty Lawson put up a career best 15 assists as the Nuggets beat the Mavericks in overtime.

November 7, 2010
76ers @ Knicks (83-77)
Suns @ Hawks (106-76)
Warriors @ Pistons (66-84)
Timber wolves @ Rockets (100-101)
Celtics @ Thunder (103-88)
Blazers @ Lakers (77-82)

- Paul Pierce scored his 20,000 career point in the Boston Celtics route of the Oklahoma City Thunder. Pierce had this to say after the game, "It's really humbling to get an accomplishment like that, but right now I think I'm more excited about how we are playing. I really feel like we have the best team in basketball and we don't even have Kevin (Garnett) right now. Once he gets back, it's going to be scary."
- Luol Deng underwent surgery on his broken ankle today. He is expected to miss two months of action. This leaves a glaring hole in the Chicago Bulls roster, but hopefully newly acquired Larry Hughes can help out. With this injury, many speculate that the Bulls are finally going to try and shop Deng.

November 8, 2010
Spurs @ Bobcats (106-90)
Hawks @ Magic (85-112)
Warriors @ Raptors (86-102)
Nuggets @ Bulls (100-109)
Suns @ Grizzlies (98-100)
Celtics @ Mavericks (116-108)

-The Boston Celtics have now won five in a row and don't look to be slowing down. At the beginning of the season when Boston lost Kevin Garnett to a broken wrist, many thought they would get off to a sow start. Thanks to the rejuvenated Shaquille O'Neal though, the Celtics are playing amazing basketball. The Celtics are also smiling because Garnett should be back within a week or two. Doc Rivers had this to say about the team, "As a coach I am lucky to have a bunch of players that want to win and I'm lucky to have a front office that gave me all these players. This is a great bunch of guys and they are playing great. We aren't even at our best right now and we are still atop the Eastern Conference."

November 9, 2010
Nuggets @ Pacers (121-119)
Cavaliers @ Nets (116-123) OT
Knicks @ Bucks (79-99)
Clippers @ Hornets (101-100)
Pistons @ Blazers (77-91)
Jazz @ Heat (81-102)
Timber wolves @ Lakers (95-107)

-The Clippers have finally won a game. They went to New Orleans and beat the Hornets by one measly point to gain there first win. Some bad news for the team though, Baron Davis is now out for two months after rupturing a disc in his back.
-Brandon Jennings records triple-double (20pts, 13ast, 10reb) in their victory over the struggling New York Knicks. Brandon Jennings after the game, "I'm just glad I get to enjoy this with a victory too."

Transactions During the Day
Clippers send Willie Warren to NBADL and sign Jannero Pargo (1yr/$880K)
- After losing Baron Davis for up to two months due to a back injury, they needed some help in their back court. They hope Warren can speed up his development in the NBADL and they bring in Pargo to help mentor Eric Bledsoe.
Cavaliers send Antwan Jamison to Magic for Jason Richardson
- Everyone knew that the Cavaliers would try to accommodate Jamison and trade him to a playoff contender. No one knew it would be this early though. This is a huge trade for the Magic as they were in dire need of front court help. This will take the pressure off of Brandon Bass and Dwight Howard. Jamison will definitely help in the scoring column. Richardson help out the Cavaliers as well. Cleveland have two undrafted rookies at the shooting guard position. Not only is Richardson an upgrade, but hopefully he can teach the rookies a thing or two.

November 10, 2010
Bucks @ Hawks (83-84)
Jazz @ Magic (112-103)
Bobcats @ Raptors (92-99)
Rockets @ Wizards (95-103)
Mavericks @ Grizzlies (104-106)
76ers @ Thunder (77-94)
Timber wolves @ Kings (91-108)
Nets @ Cavaliers (101-97)
Warriors @ Knicks (92-83)
Clippers @ Spurs (73-119)

- Russell Westbrook joins the club as he record a Triple Double in blowout against 76ers (11pts, 12 ast, 10reb). Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder continue to look like a real contender as they are atop the Western Conference so far this year.
- Mike Conley dishes career best 11 assists in a win over the Dallas Mavericks. The Grizzlies are another young team that is making great strides this year as they battle for a lower seed in the Western Conference playoff race.
- Antwan Jamison led Magic with 22 points in his debut, but Orlando still losses to the Utah Jazz. Jamison after the game, "I'm still getting used to the new system. I don't think we are going to have any issues after I get a couple more games under my belt in this new system. I'm excited to see what the season has in store for us."

November 11, 2010
Warriors @ Bulls (102-97)
Celtics @ Heat (83-81)
Lakers @ Nuggets (100-91)

- Stephen Curry’s triple double leads Warriors past Bulls (19pts, 10reb, 10ast)
- The Miami Heat and Boston Celtics battled for Eastern Conference supremacy. The Heat beat the Celtics earlier in the season, but this time Paul Pierce and Shaquille O'Neal would take down Miami. Paul Pierce would throw down a dunk with less than fifteen seconds left on the clock. The Heat let the clock tick down and went to Dwyane Wade for the game tying shot, but he missed. These two teams promise to give showings like this all season long.

November 12, 2010
Jazz @ Hawks (93-82)
Rockets @ Pacers (97-91)
Raptors @ Magic (97-122)
Bobcats @ Wizards (113-109)
Knicks @ Timber wolves (96-124)
Kings @ Suns (107-126)
76ers @ Mavericks (93-94)
Pistons @ Clippers (95-79)
Blazers @ Thunder (83-96)

- The New York Knicks are 0-5 with Carmelo Anthony and currently hold a six game losing streak. They are 2-8 in their last ten games and find themselves in the bottom of the Eastern Conference. Fans are getting restless as Anthony had changed nothing for the team. Anthony had this to say, "Right now we have no excuse for losing. It was okay to lose the first couple because we were still trying to mesh, but this is inexcusable. We need to get it going so that when Amare gets back we aren't in too big of a hole."
- Shaun Livingston dishes out career best 15 assists in Bobcats victory over the Washington Wizards.
- J.J. Redick scores career high 29 points as the Magic beat up on the Toronto Raptors.

Transactions During the Day
Atlanta Hawks send Jamal Crawford, Zaza Pachulia, and Damien Wilkins to the Utah Jazz in return for Mehmet Okur, Jerry Stackhouse, and C.J. Miles
- Executive met at the game in Atlanta as the Hawks hosted the Jazz. Once the game was over, players were informed. The Hawks have been desperately trying to find help in their front court since losing Josh Smith to a back injury. They made it public that they were willing to part with their sixth man, Jamal Crawford. Both teams achieved what the wanted and for that they both are winners in this deal. The Jazz got rid of Okur's two year contract for Crawford expiring contract. Not only that, but Crawford will help make up in the scoring department. The Jazz have struggled since losing Carlos Boozer last off-season, but Crawford should help boost the offense. Crawford after the trade was announced, "I'm excited to get a shot at starting in Utah. I'm fine with coming off the bench, but who doesn't jump at the opportunity to start?"

November 13, 2010
Jazz @ Bobcats (94-104)
Magic @ Nets (114-11) OT
Wizards @ Bulls (95-111)
Celtics @ Grizzlies (107-100)
Blazers @ Hornets (88-91)
Pacers @ Cavaliers (107-89)
Raptors @ Heat (82-94)
Warriors @ Bucks (83-106)
76ers @ Spurs (99-105)

- Jamal Crawford plays only 27 minutes in Utah Jazz debut after being in foul trouble most of the game.
- J.J. Redick hits game winner as Magic squeek by the Nets.
- Dwyane Wade gets 34 points as the Heat outlast the Raptors and Wade redeems himself for missing the game tying field goal against the Boston Celtics.

ImageImage
Player of the Week
Eastern Conference - (CHI) PG Derrick Rose
Western Conference - (OKC) SF Kevin Durant

Story of the Week
ImageImageImageImage
Trades, Trades, Trades
Some people thought that after the Carmelo Anthony drama was over that the trading might slow down a bit. We are only three weeks into the season and we have already seen four trades now. This last week there were two pretty big trades. Fans around the league are asking, "Why are there so many trades this early?" Well I can form some sort of answer I think. In the first week's review we talked about the big injury bug that was going around the league. It is still hitting teams hard and that is causing teams to search for new players to fill the holes. Look at the Atlanta Hawks for example. They lost Josh Smith, which leaves a huge hole up front. They have excess players in the back court, so why not use one of them to strengthen the front court. Especially since Smith is expected to be out two months. Let's look at the two new trades.

Orlando Magic Get: Antwan Jamison
Cleveland Cavaliers Get: Jason Richardson

Everyone knew that the Cavaliers were trying to trade away Jamison. The didn't want his big contract anymore and he wanted to leave and play for a playoff team. Both sides were fine with parting ways and there was no hard feelings and no drama. What us as fans didn't know, was that it was going to happen so quick. Many believed this would be one of those deals that didn't get done until February. Instead, the Cavaliers pulled the trigger early. Why is this so good for the Cavaliers? Not only did they unload the contract of Jamison, but they got a huge expiring contract in Jason Richardson. Not only that, but they still have a good enough squad to compete for the bottom seeds of the Eastern Conference playoff race. Jason Richardson also provides mentoring for undrafted rookie shooting guards Alonzo Gee and Manny Harris. Alonzo Gee does have the game that Jason Richardson has. Richardson had this to say after the trade, "It's a part of the business getting traded, but for me it kind of gets exhausting. This is my third team in under a year, I'm ready to settle in you know. I don't want to be known as a journey man." This trade also makes it so that J.J. Hickson and Anthony Randolph will get more court time which will help their development.
Cleveland Starters
PG - Mo Williams
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Wilson Chandler
PF - J.J. Hickson
C - Anderson Varejao

The Orlando Magic did a great job in this trade as well. The Magic were hurting in the front court with only three players to play down low. Along with Dwight Howard, the Magic only had Brandon Bass and Daniel Orton to help out. It's been okay so far, but later on in the season these players were bound to be worn out. Antwan Jamison will be a big help in sharing minutes down low, not to mention his offensive output is going to help an already dynamic offense. Orlando General Manager Otis Smith said this, "We knew we needed help in the front court, but we were unsure when we would be able to add someone. This trade opened up and we knew we needed to make it work. Antwan is a great player and a superb person. He is hungry for a championship and that's exactly what we need on this team right now." With Richardson out of the picture, that opens up more playing time for the surging J.J. Redick, Jameer Nelson, and Jason Williams.
Orlando Starters
PG - Gilbert Arenas
SG - J.J. Redick
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Antwan Jamison
C - Dwight Howard

Utah Jazz Get: Jamal Crawford, Zaza Pachulia, and Damien Wilkins
Atlanta Hawks Get: Mehmet Okur, Jerry Stackhouse, and C.J. Miles

The Utah Jazz seemed like they might want to move Okur, but no one really knew how serious they were. They found a good suitor and traded him and his contract away. Okur still has two years left on his contract and is due to get $20.34M in those two years. In exchange for him, the Jazz get the expiring contract of Jamal Crawford. Not only is it good to get his expiring contract, but he will be a big help on the offensive side of the ball. The Jazz lost a lot when Carlos Boozer left last off-season and Utah is hoping Crawford can pick up the scoring slack. This is big for Crawford too because he is in his contract year and he is looking to get a big deal this summer. Him starting now for the Jazz puts the ball in his court. How he performs now as a starter will determine how much money he makes as a free agent this summer. The Jazz still get depth in the front court with this trade as they pull in Pachulia as well.
Utah Starters
PG - Deron Williams
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Paul Milsap
C - Al Jefferson

The Hawks have been trying to get a deal done since Josh Smith went down to injury. He is going to miss too much time for them not to fill in down low. He leaves too big of a void for them to just keep on trucking. As good as Patrick Ewing Jr. has been doing at power forward filling in for Smith, he is much better playing at the small forward position. With getting Okur, that also enables Al Horford to move back to his natural position as power forward. That is for the time being at least. They still have depth on their bench after they included Stackhouse in this deal. Stackhouse was just recently signed by the Jazz and he had this to say about the trade, "The Utah front office came to me and told me that they were working on a deal that would effect their future. Seeing as how I only came here for a year, I didn't want to be the guy that didn't help this team better themselves for the future. I told them as long as I went to a playoff team I would be fine with it. They told me Atlanta and I agreed. I am really excited to come in here and play with these guys. They are a very young and talented group, not to mention they are one of the most athletic teams in the NBA. I 'm looking forward to the rest of the season." Once Josh Smith gets back from injury, Okur will still give them great help off the bench. We all know that Okur is a big upgrade from Pachulia.
Atlanta Starters
PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Patrick Ewing Jr.
PF - Al Horford
C - Mehmet Okur

People are surprised to see these two big trades along with the two trades earlier in the season happen so soon. Four big trades in the first three weeks of the season seems strange, but once you look into it you realize how needed the trades were. A lot of front office personnel and general managers are saying that the league should go quiet for the next few weeks, but you never know. The only team that everyone knows is still trying to deal is the Denver Nuggets. They are still looking to get rid of Chauncey Billups, J.R. Smith, and Renaldo Balkman in their quest to create a better image for their team. One General Manager had this to say, "They shouldn't have trouble moving them. A lot of contenders need a point guard like Chauncey and they would gladly take in Smith and Balkman just so they could get Chauncey. Not only that, but everyone knows how explosive Smith can be off the bench. It's a shame he and Balkman are getting treated the way they are in Denver."

Pistol

Re: This is My NBA - Weekly Review (Nov 6-Nov 13) -New Trade

Postby Justine. on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Interesting trades, Jamison is really what Magic needs, Vince Carter is rocking, and Kwame too :cool:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Pistol on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Justine. wrote:Interesting trades, Jamison is really what Magic needs, Vince Carter is rocking, and Kwame too :cool:

Hey man I still owe you that article. I just got back on this forum today man, I went to a resort over the weekend and have been doing physical therapy all week to get my knee right. I'll work on that and I promise it will be done by today or tomorrow. Sorry if you have been waiting on me for anything to get moving in your story.
Pistol

Postby Justine. on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:27 pm

That's okay bro. I've been doing some updates and new idea, go check it and vote if you like :D
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Grandmama Johnson on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Would have never thought about Jamison to the Magic, but makes good sense with the explanation. Nice analysis (Y)
Grandmama Johnson

Postby Martti. on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Gearld Green still ballin'. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Pistol on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:54 am

Grandmama Johnson wrote:Would have never thought about Jamison to the Magic, but makes good sense with the explanation. Nice analysis (Y)

Yea he is going to fit in there nicely. The main thing for Cleveland was to get an expiring contract and let Hickson and Randolph get significant playing time in order to help their development.

Martti. wrote:Gearld Green still ballin'. (Y)

He's tearing it up. When Washington wins games is solely because of Green.
Pistol

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:39 am

The pics still look stunning. (Y) Liking the week reviews.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:10 am

Wow @Patrick Ewing Jr. Looking good (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Pistol on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:39 am

Thierry • wrote:The pics still look stunning. (Y) Liking the week reviews.

I'm going to stick with the weekly reviews. You like the layout? Anything I can do to upgrade them? I'm going to start putting out more behind the scenes now that I'm doing weekly reviews.

hova- wrote:Wow @Patrick Ewing Jr. Looking good (Y)

He is literally like Josh Smith's younger brother now with the rejuvenation, lol. I love playing with the Hawks with him, I just played with them now that they have Okur and Stackhouse. That team will be scary when Josh Smith returns man.
Pistol

Postby Murat on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 am

I love the layout, everything. Nice idea man, sorry for the late post.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rise on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:26 am

Huge steal for the Cavs :crazyeyes: , but well done for ORL as well, getting a forward to bolster their front court. :applaud:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood