Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.12)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.12)

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:48 am

I am digging the patch notes, hopefully we get the PC patch soon.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:17 am

Dee4Three wrote:I am digging the patch notes, hopefully we get the PC patch soon.

My game just updated, not sure if it was the patch but I would assume so.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 am

Yeah, it seems the patch is already coming through for PC.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:58 am

Just downloaded it on PS4. Haven't played a game yet, though.

This is the first update since I upgraded to NBN recently. So nice that it only took about 45 minutes, instead of the usual 6+ hours (Y)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:05 am

It's encouraging to hear people are actually having positive experiences after upgrading to the NBN. It's been a disaster here in the Hunter.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am

So far it's been good.

Before my downloads usually topped out at around 400 kb/s. Pretty sure this update was going around 5 or 6 times faster than that.

Those numbers are still kinda unimpressive in comparison to a lot of places, I guess. But it is definitely a noticeable improvement and I'm happy with it.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:43 am

My concern is that a lot of people have been getting slower than ADSL2 speeds, and I'm getting close to the maximum of 20 Mbps currently, so I can usually download at a rate of around 2 MB/s, which by Aussie standards is pretty good when it comes to big files. It's coming to my area very soon, so fingers crossed it all goes well.

Especially since the PS4 patch is cumulative, so we end up with 7.5 GB downloads every time. The 45 MB patch for the PC version is much easier on the monthly cap.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 pm

For those who didn't open Andrew's extra link with Da_Cezar's notes, 2K also updated tendencies for the whole 2K official Roster. It's a shame they didn't tackle the badges (Harden is still a silver dimer) or some hotzones, but one step a time. Really glad they did that
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Here is my review of the patch:

Nothing changed... with the exception of the bumping that occurs when you are ahead of the defender and he is close to you trying to catch you.

The players still feel heavy, the defense is breaking down the exact same, and it just doesn't feel like a smooth basketball game. Trying to stay positive, but it doesn't seem to me that they implemented any of the feedback us users gave into this patch, I'm not sure what this was.

Luckily, when I bought the game on Steam, I backed up the .exe from Sept 17th, with no patches. The players feel lighter, the movement on the court is overall more realistic, the dribbling feels better, and while yes the defense still breaks down sometimes, it is not as bad.

If I hadn't backed up that .exe, I would have gone back to NBA 2K12 after the patches. But, the game is still enjoyable with the original .exe.

It's still frustrating to me, though. Because I think about how patches are supposed to enhance the users experience, patches are there to help. But 2k's patches seem to just make the game a whole lot worse. The fact that they patched so many good things out the original game is puzzling....

2k wouldn't want me working for them, because I would completely overhaul most of the attributes, tendencies, and signatures. Some for the current teams, but basically for all the classic teams.

Cmon 2k, let's just stop the patching for 2k17, for the users sake. They don't seem to be helping at all.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Played a MyCAREER game this evening. It felt like my teammates were a bit smarter defensively, at least when it came to switching on the pick and roll. The opposition was a bit tougher as well, but apart from that, not too much of a difference from before. It was nice to have a bit more help in pick and roll situations, though.

There are still cheap steals and charging calls; found that out between tonight's game, and playing some 2K Pro-Am the other night.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:45 am

Andrew wrote:Played a MyCAREER game this evening. It felt like my teammates were a bit smarter defensively, at least when it came to switching on the pick and roll. The opposition was a bit tougher as well, but apart from that, not too much of a difference from before. It was nice to have a bit more help in pick and roll situations, though.

There are still cheap steals and charging calls; found that out between tonight's game, and playing some 2K Pro-Am the other night.

For some reason I saw np difference on pick n rolls. And the players still felt really heavy.

Either way, sticking with the original .exe for now.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am

I might have just lucked out, I'll have to play a few more games to really test it out, but there seemed to be fewer mistakes and times when my teammate left someone open to shoot or waltz into the lane. Previously, it didn't really matter what you did trying to defend the pick and roll in MyCAREER; your teammate always messed up, while you struggled to defend two players. To go a whole game without constant major blunders makes me think something got fixed, but again, I'll need to play a few more games to be sure.

The charge/block frequency in modes where you can't change the sliders is still problematic though, and the cheap steals are frustrating. I can put my hand up and admit some of them were my own fault, but others were definitely the case of AI players having superhuman reflexes and awareness, so that remains an annoyance.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:46 am

It's the making the players so heavy that doesn't make sense to me. Letting the game update to the latest patch, and playing a full game, and than going back and using the original .exe without any patches, and playing the whole game, is like night and day.

The original .exe before patches, the players move SO MUCH BETTER. Not only in a straight line, but laterally... they feel far lighter. The animations seems faster, and there seems to also be MANY more animations with the original .exe. I'm seeing dunk animations and layup animations that seem to have vanished after the patches.

My guess is: They slowed the game down because of online users complaining about things. It really is a shame.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 am

Dee4Three wrote:It's the making the players so heavy that doesn't make sense to me. Letting the game update to the latest patch, and playing a full game, and than going back and using the original .exe without any patches, and playing the whole game, is like night and day.

The original .exe before patches, the players move SO MUCH BETTER. Not only in a straight line, but laterally... they feel far lighter. The animations seems faster, and there seems to also be MANY more animations with the original .exe. I'm seeing dunk animations and layup animations that seem to have vanished after the patches.

My guess is: They slowed the game down because of online users complaining about things. It really is a shame.

Every year each patch screws the game up more and more. I've always found the game plays best at release.

You are correct that all these changes come from the whiners who play on-line who want the developers to introduce cheats into the game to make it easier for them rather than learn how to actually play the game. It aggravates me to no end that off-line players have to deal with the changes too. I never have played on-line and don't plan on ever doing so. If mycareer is tied into the on-line game next year in any manner, I'm not buying.

But then, if NBA Live can come out with a good game, I'm not wasting time on 2k either.
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 am

The problem is, I don't think it's even possible for them to have patches that just impact online and have hands off of offline. Also, I don't think they would want to go that direction anyway, if the game played that much better offline than online, I feel like people would complain even more.

I just wish us offline players didn't get left in the dust in regards to gameplay. Honestly, I'm not even sure how people enjoy the game online with the players feeling that heavy.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

Dee4Three wrote:The problem is, I don't think it's even possible for them to have patches that just impact online and have hands off of offline. Also, I don't think they would want to go that direction anyway, if the game played that much better offline than online, I feel like people would complain even more.

I just wish us offline players didn't get left in the dust in regards to gameplay. Honestly, I'm not even sure how people enjoy the game online with the players feeling that heavy.

Well, I guess I won't be buying anymore. The only people that should complain if offline played better are the ones at 2k since they'd be losing a hell of a lot of $ for VC if people gravitated to offline play.

The other option is to stop placating the whiners who don't want to bother to learn the game by not putting out patch/update after patch/update. If the whiners don't like it, they can stop playing.

But after years of on-line whiners screwing the game up for me, I'm at the end of the line.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 am

I haven't really noticed the heaviness playing on PS4. I need to spend more time with the PC version to compare. I wouldn't have thought there'd be any difference, but I'll try it out nevertheless.

As I've said before, the unfortunate thing is that the changes that are supposedly being made to improve online play haven't actually enhanced the experience at all. If that's the aim, they've missed the mark there as well, while causing issues in the offline experience.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 am

Andrew wrote:I haven't really noticed the heaviness playing on PS4. I need to spend more time with the PC version to compare. I wouldn't have thought there'd be any difference, but I'll try it out nevertheless.

As I've said before, the unfortunate thing is that the changes that are supposedly being made to improve online play haven't actually enhanced the experience at all. If that's the aim, they've missed the mark there as well, while causing issues in the offline experience.

You would certainly notice it if you had the original .exe for PC, which Im guessing you don't. It's night and day different.

However, I have not touched the game this year on console, so I am not sure how the players feel. I just know that some of the patches (Which had the same notes related to speed), were supposedly submitted for PC/PS4/X1. So, I would assume the game was slowed down for the consoles as well.

I entertained going to pick up a console version to test it out, but... I won't ever play console as long as they keep releasing PC versions, so I said NAH.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 am

Yeah, the fixes are the same across all three platforms, so it shouldn't feel any different. Maybe I've somehow adjusted without really thinking about it. Hard to say at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mickachiste on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Dee4Three wrote:It's the making the players so heavy that doesn't make sense to me. Letting the game update to the latest patch, and playing a full game, and than going back and using the original .exe without any patches, and playing the whole game, is like night and day.

If I erase the game and reinstall it. Will the original.exe be the same as the one you are using ?
mickachiste

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 pm

The new updates will be downloaded again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 pm

mickachiste wrote:

If I erase the game and reinstall it. Will the original.exe be the same as the one you are using ?

No. It's all been updated with the most recent files.
StyxTx

Postby Lagoa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:25 am

Yeah, IMO, 2k destroys the game again with patch 12 (it´s the 3rd time THIS YEAR).

Before the patch, defense have collapses, ok, but gameplay is faster, players is smooth. After the patch, all players, without Kyrie Irving moving like Shaquille O´Neal.

So, like others years, i have the 1.08 exe backup, so, i´m go back to my old game, without online and patch 12.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby talladega on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Lagoa wrote:Yeah, IMO, 2k destroys the game again with patch 12 (it´s the 3rd time THIS YEAR).

Before the patch, defense have collapses, ok, but gameplay is faster, players is smooth. After the patch, all players, without Kyrie Irving moving like Shaquille O´Neal.

So, like others years, i have the 1.08 exe backup, so, i´m go back to my old game, without online and patch 12.

I'm agree with this post.
And now we can only hope the next 2k18 is better
talladega

Postby Kohonski on Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 am

StyxTx wrote:
mickachiste wrote:

No. It's all been updated with the most recent files.

So.. I do have the original .exe and I didn't actually try it out until today. Tried it out and holy shit I remember why I loved 2k17 when it released (still play a lot now)! Is there any way to transfer a myGM save over? When I use the original .exe I have to start all over again. I'm in 2030 now and I'd like to not start all the way over if I don't have to.
Kohonski

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17