NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:09 am

Ratings do seem inflated. The whole "Hall of Fame scale" approach seems to have gone out the window.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:28 am

When they take pictures or "face scans" of these players, they need to use similar lighting to arena lighting to make it look real.

Those screens have got to be photoshopped. It would be stupid not to Photoshop them. With that said, I'd be shocked if the real game had the same lighting and muscle definition shown the the Giannis screenshot
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 am

Wolfy03 wrote:[ Image ]

Confirms they will not have added missing tattoos either. Was more wishful thinking but oh well.
bluejaybrandon

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 am

Scan calibration problem : it doesnt scan the face, the body and the tatoos :cheeky:
sticky-fingers

Postby Murat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 am

Model-wise, nice Tatum. Colorwise, meh.

I remember how we were hyped when they had these first looks for 2K18 back in 2017.

improved bodytypes, jerseys etc...

all we had were clays though. Even NBA Live 2003 had better lighting. Duh.

About the ratings, I really liked what EA did in mid 2000's. Savagery 30, 40, 50 overalls. If a player failed to make threes his 3-point rating was exactly 0. Not 25. I remember Mateen Cleaves having 24 overall. Starters had around 50-70. All-stars with 70-80.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

I guess a few too many players got offended by those lower ratings. Unfortunately it's made he 0-99 or 1-99 scale largely redundant. Might as well go back to the 50-99 scale from the early days.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 pm

These guys have better talent then players in 2000s, with more insecurity.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JEDL on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Murat wrote:These guys have better talent then players in 2000s, with more insecurity.

Accurate description.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:46 am

Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby StyxTx on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

Confirms they will not have added missing tattoos either. Was more wishful thinking but oh well.

They got sued a couple years ago over tatoos. Something about the tattooists not giving 2k the rights to use them. Probably why some are missing.
StyxTx

Postby mrk326 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:44 am

nothing really changed much. its funny yet so disappointing lol im not surprised.
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby StyxTx on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 am

PlatinumPlus wrote:98 reflects his real counterpart perfect because he is still the best player right know and his defense is not bad at all just google Lebron top chasedown blocks have a good day haters :mrgreen: (Y)

Even the worst defenders will have great plays now and then.
StyxTx

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:41 am

Wolfy03

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 am

All the bodies look the same, and they look the same as 2K18.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 am

Comparation 2k19/2k18:

Wolfy03

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 am

Bodies look the same, just enhanced lighting on the bodies. Derozan, Mitchell, LeBron and Tatum all have the same body it seems. The lighting on Derozans is just different than Mitchells, and his shoulder is turned back more which exposes his bicep vein and gives his shoulder a slightly bigger appearance.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 am

The more they release these screenshots the more obvious it becomes that they're posed in a way to avoid revealing anything really new, or to hide from the fact that things haven't really changed that much. Notice how every screenshot so far has been posed with the players under a heavy sweat, to try to make it look different from last year.

They've also all been taken underneath the player avoiding any vision of the crowd or other aspects of the game. Especially the courts and the crowd lighting something that 2K were criticised last year for. Seems kinda fishy considering last year a bunch of screenshots were taken in front of players making them entirely visible as well as other things.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:The more they release these screenshots the more obvious it becomes that they're posed in a way to avoid revealing anything really new, or to hide from the fact that things haven't really changed that much. Notice how every screenshot so far has been posed with the players under a heavy sweat, to try to make it look different from last year.

They've also all been taken underneath the player avoiding any vision of the crowd or other aspects of the game. Especially the courts and the crowd lighting something that 2K were criticised last year for. Seems kinda fishy considering last year a bunch of screenshots were taken in front of players making them entirely visible as well as other things.

Good call, all the screenshots are looking up at the players.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TwisT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:10 am

I've been taking screens of my modded 2K18 and comparing them, here's an album that I'll be adding to, to compare all of them.
https://imgur.com/a/YXZbqmq

Other than the new sweat, I don't see much of a difference between them. Other than the cyberfaces and bodies.
Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby TwisT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:49 am

Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm

They did it again. Over exaggerated sweat, under head shot hiding aspects of the stadium and the court texture. It's not even a coincidence anymore.

Either they're trying to hide a big reveal that they've fixed every court in the game or that the game looks the exact same as 2K18. Same body types and everything from the looks of it. Personally I thought graphically 2K18 looked fine apart from the dark crowds, lack of body types, inaccurate textures (this is just the 2K norm at this point), but who knows maybe people won't be happy.

Hopefully the fact that they've made barely made any changes graphically means that they've spent a bulk of the development time into the gameplay side of the game.

EDIT:
Just realised there are actual different departments working on the game so it wouldn't really work like that. In that case the art development time should be put into the retro content or cyberfaces.
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Manni Live on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:31 pm

This is absolutely nothing to be excited about at all, especially since the way 2k18 came out. I honestly hate the way they market their game we get very minimal info or gameplay of the game until its very near release date then they expect people to pre-order it? Makes no sense to me they haven't amazed me in quite awhile to be honest and judging by these screens this game almost looks just as 2k18 tbh

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:59 pm

TwisT wrote:I've been taking screens of my modded 2K18 and comparing them, here's an album that I'll be adding to, to compare all of them.
https://imgur.com/a/YXZbqmq

Other than the new sweat, I don't see much of a difference between them. Other than the cyberfaces and bodies.

The fact that those modded CF's still look better than 2K's official face scans (even with Next-Gen graphics, mind you) really questions the effort they could be producing in the art department. Is it a huge improvement when you compare it to the works of modders, who have much less resources than the actual developers? Does all of their budget now go towards the 2K League and Playground, while very little goes into the actual game at this point? More than likely a dumb question, I know, but it's very concerning.
RayRay_953

Postby Murat on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm

At some point, we should consider the fact that Take-Two Interactive is a commercial company with purpose of making money over video games, instead of an organization that strives to produce the best basketball video-gaming experience possible. Seems like 2K changed their perspective to one that makes them earn money from every aspect; MyCareer, Playground, 2K League. Even though you have the best gamers in universe for 2K League, it's unlike the LoL tournaments; there are limited animations and playbooks. They are a lot actually, but when you have the best gamers out, it's not enough. The main goal of 2K League is making money.

Remember, these games are produced to make money, not to give the best basketball experience. However, this derails the gaming community and makes online basketball gaming worse.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jayzmagz on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I miss the old 2K. Where they give us pure gameplay greatness. Now they are more focused on how much people will spend money to buy VC.
jayzmagz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19