March Modness 2022 Tips Off Today

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

March Modness 2022 Tips Off Today

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:55 pm

It's that time of the year again, so we're tipping off our fifth annual March Modness! The event is a celebration of modding, and the modding community that we've built and maintained over the past 25 years. Naturally we support modding all year round, but we've nominated March as a time to get extra creative and productive!

As always, March Modness includes a giveaway. All you need to do is upload a new mod to the Downloads section with "March Modness" in the description, and you'll go into the draw to win a copy of NBA 2K23 PC. The mod can be for any basketball game that can be modded, including retro titles. Full terms and conditions can be found below. Congratulations once again to Pep, the winner of last year's giveaway!

Additionally, I'm taking this opportunity to announce a change to the way I post bulletins about recent uploads. For years now, I've been using the term "File Additions" for those bulletins, as it's what our founders used when they first began maintaining a Downloads database back in the mid 90s. It's something I've kept out of tradition, but in order to move with the times and remove any ambiguity, those posts are now going to be titled "Mod Releases".

I'm looking forward to this being an exciting and productive March Modness. As always, I'll be looking to get in on the fun myself with a few releases. The modding bug does bite from time to time, and this is obviously the month to indulge it. Stay tuned for those releases, and all of the great work that I'm sure is coming this month!

NLSC March Modness Contest Terms & Conditions

• One winner will be selected. The prize is a copy of the Standard Edition of NBA 2K23 PC.
  • The winner will be selected at random, and all decisions are final. If a participant is disqualified, banned, or otherwise unreachable, a new winner will be selected.
  • To enter, participants must release at least one new mod during the month of March 2022, and include the term “March Modness” in the description.
  • Mods can be for any basketball game (on any platform) that can feasibly be modded, including retro titles.
  • To qualify for the contest, mods must be uploaded to the NLSC’s Downloads section. No ad links or external hosting is allowed; tip jar links are permitted.
  • Mods must remain in the database, and hosted by the NLSC. Removal of the mods or replacement with an external link will result in disqualification.
  • Each individual mod release counts for one entry in the contest, with a maximum of five entries per participant.
  • Entries may be updated with new versions (where applicable). Updated versions of the same mod do not earn another entry.
  • All releases must comply with community rules regarding permission, appropriate credits, and content. No stolen work, no charging for mods!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: March Modness 2022 Tips Off Today

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:16 pm

Final reminder about our giveaway for March Modness! As long as it's still March 31st somewhere in the world when you add your mod(s), the entry will count.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:17 am

Congratulations to kobedurant, winner of the March Modness 2022 giveaway!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:53 pm

Andrew wrote:Congratulations to kobedurant, winner of the March Modness 2022 giveaway!

Congratulations you are also a winner of 1 of the NLSC March Modness T-Shirts in the size and colour of your choice

https://arcaneuniforms.threadless.com/d ... h-moddness
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard