[NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet | Trade News

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet (2-3)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Nice one! Wish I had more videos of special moments and big wins in my NBA Live 06 Dynasty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:54 am

Andrew wrote:Nice one! Wish I had more videos of special moments and big wins in my NBA Live 06 Dynasty.

Better late than never? :P

Windows 10 makes it incredibly easy too. Just press Win+Alt+G and it captures the last 30 seconds. So useful.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:27 am

Handy indeed, though I've got the registered version of Bandicam, so capturing videos is no problem these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 pm

this looks cool hope you continue this.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Breems on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:13 pm

Wizards put on an offensive clinic en route to a 106-85 win
By WashingtonWizards.com staff / December 7th, 2005

vs. Utah | W 106-85

The Wizards extended their win streak to 3 in a game where everything went their way. The Jazz were far too slow in this matchup as the up-tempo Wizards controlled the game from the tip and feasted on easy buckets in transition.

5 Wizards scored 14+ points as the team shot 66% from the field and 67% from the perimeter. Brendan Haywood and Gilbert Arenas posted double-doubles with 15 points/10 rebounds and 17 points/10 assists respectively. Antawn Jamison added 20 points. Caron Butler and Antonio Daniels each added 14.

The Wizards improve to 3-3 as the Jazz drop to 1-6.

Player of the Game: Brendan Haywood
Box Score: Wizards | Jazz
Photo Gallery
Next Game: Dec 14 vs. Boston
Last edited by Breems on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet [1-3]

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Breems wrote:
cavs4872 wrote:Really nice; I'm stuck in a good time warp right now. :lol: Makes me motivated to do something similar.

You should! It'd be awesome to see a fresh story.

A little while ago I tried doing a Cavs story for NBA 09: The Inside, but the gameplay is so shallow (like no one has signature shots, etc.) and it's missing basic things like unrestricted free agency; maybe one day I'll pick up a retro game that has all the features there like NBA Live 09/10 or 2K9. I don't know why but I feel like the older games make for better stories.

Maybe I'll give the 09: The Inside story another shot since people seemed to like it and it's a unique game that no one's ever done; I'm complaining about how dated it is but you're playing NBA Live 06. :lol: Then again, there's a reason Sony's game failed; I've said it before, but I'd be thrilled to see what they could do on new hardware given the success of the Show. Those games showed promise.

Speaking of the '06 Wizards, they were airing Cleveland @ Washington (Game 5 from that year) on ESPN Classic... it was super close, but I had to shut it off cause they were playing the foul game for 30 minutes... not sure who ever won that.
[Hyperize]

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet (3-3)

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm

I think in some ways, the depth of current games hurts the story topic concept, because there's less need for imagination. Career stories are kind of pointless too, as we all get the same story, cutscenes and whatnot. They also lend themselves better to video series.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Andrew wrote:I think in some ways, the depth of current games hurts the story topic concept, because there's less need for imagination. Career stories are kind of pointless too, as we all get the same story, cutscenes and whatnot. They also lend themselves better to video series.

I agree. I actually prefer the old games like Live 03-06 over most of the new games, although I did enjoy NBA 2K11 and NBA Live 10.

For me, it's the simplicity of the gameplay and modes. I've tried playing 2K18, and I get completely overwhelmed each time I pull up the controls/move list. It feels like I'm playing Arma 3 and there should be a button for positioning my mouth guard. I know you can skate by with the basics, but my OCD tells me I need to fully utlize all the moves.

Now that I'm older and have very limited time (baby!), I enjoy firing up NBA Live 06 and playing a simplistic game with just enough realism to immerse me.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm

I think a lot of people do feel that way. The increase in complexity and realism hasn't been to everyone's liking, although in terms of being a great and realistic single player sim, NBA 2K18 also made some missteps.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:39 pm

NBA Live 06's lightning >>>> NBA 2K18's lightning. So sad, isn't it?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 am

Andrew wrote:I think in some ways, the depth of current games hurts the story topic concept, because there's less need for imagination. Career stories are kind of pointless too, as we all get the same story, cutscenes and whatnot. They also lend themselves better to video series.

Really good points. (Y) I remember in the early days of MyCareer, Chris Smoove used to do mockups in other games like he would use GTA for his player driving to the arena/hanging out at home; now most of that stuff is in the game.

It's really awe-inspiring to think how this section was bustling with activity a decade ago but now...

Breems wrote:Now that I'm older and have very limited time (baby!), I enjoy firing up NBA Live 06 and playing a simplistic game with just enough realism to immerse me.

Yeah, and even though I try to play sim on the older games, shorter quarter length allows for realistic scores too.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:22 am

Times definitely change. I think video content is more popular now too, but it's nice to have more straightforward throwback stories.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 am

Wizards can handle The Truth
By WashingtonWizards.com staff / December 14th, 2005

vs. Boston | W 80-73

Washington nabbed their fourth win in a row tonight against the Boston Celtics. The Celtics looked impressive early on, hitting their first 7 FGs and forcing the Wizards into 6 straight misses. With Boston leading 16-12 after the first quarter, Washington again started cold in the second with 5 straight misses. The Wizards stayed the course defensively, however, and Antawn Jamison heated up to help close the gap to 3 (31-34) at the half.

The third quarter began to slip away from the Wizards as the Celtics pushed their lead to 12. Gary Payton led the charge, creating easy baskets for both himself and his teammates. Boston's run was short-lived, however, and Washington made a huge push on the back of Gilbert Arenas to outscore Boston 25-14 in the third. The Celtics gained back some offensive momentum in the fourth but ultimately had no answer for Arenas at the rim.

Arenas led the way with 22 points, 7 assists, and 3 steals. Jamison posted another double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. For the Celtics, Paul Pierece scored 19 points and Gary Payton followed closely with 18 and 6 assists. Arenas and Payton each committed 7 TOs. Payton also fouled out midway through the fourth.

The Wizards improve to 4-3 as the Celtics drop to 3-4.

Player of the Game: Gilbert Arenas
Box Score
Last edited by Breems on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 am

Nice little streak to get above .500. (Y)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:58 am

You definitely seem to be in the groove now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Breems
Back in my day...

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet (4-3)

Postby Breems on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 am

Portland snaps Washington's 4-game win streak
By PortlandTrailblazers.com staff / December 23rd, 2005

vs. Portland | L 85-88

Portland did what four teams before them couldn't; they walked out of the MCI Center with a W. It didn't come easy.

The Wizards looked to be in full form once again as they began the game shooting 72% from the field en route to a 20-point lead early in the 2nd quarter. They were sustained by easy buckets in transition and Antawn Jamison in the post. The Trailblazers began to adjust in the 2nd quarter by cutting off fastbreak opportunities, doubling Jamison, and working the ball into the paint. A 20-point deficit was soon cut to 5, although the Wizards were able to push it back to 9 at the half.

After picking up 3 fouls in the first half, Arenas had to play cautious defensively, and Sebastian Telfair took advantage. He got to the hoop seemingly at will, eventually helping the Trailblazers tie up the game midway through the 4th. A Juan Dixon 3-pointer gave the Trailblazers their first lead of the game (77-76) with 3:24 remaining. Despite giving up a 20-point lead, the Wizards continued to battle as Antonio Daniels answered with a 3 of his own. With 1 minute to play, a Telfair layup gave Portland a 2-point lead. Arenas missed a 3 on the next possession, but Haywood grabbed his 13th board and a put back to tie it back up. Telfair and Jamison swapped layups on the next 2 possessions before a dagger 3 from Telfair put the Trailblazers up 3 with 14.9 seconds remaining. The Wizards would have one final shot for the tie:

phpBB [video]

Arenas had this to say after the game:
Coach drew up a great play for me. I caught the ball a little further out than I wanted which gave the defender time to close out. Still, it's a shot I should've made.

Sebastian Telfair led the way for the Trailblazers with 24 points, 8 assists, and 5 rebounds. Juan Dixon scored 17. For the Wizards, Jamison scored 27 on 12-15 shooting. Haywood posted another double-double with 14 points and 13 boards. Antonio Daniels was a bright spot off the bench with 14 points, including 2 3-pointers. Caron Butler struggled with 2 points on 1-8 shooting and 6 TOs. Arenas and Daniels also struggled with TOs with 4 apiece. The Wizards also struggled from the charity stripe (6-14).

Player of the Game: Sebastian Telfair
Box Score
Next Game: Dec 23 vs. Dallas
Last edited by Breems on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:11 am

Unlucky. If there is one thing that's better in newer games, it's player movement and shooting mechanics, which would've made it easier to get a better shot (with more chance of it going in). Still a decent look though, unfortunately it just didn't fall. Tough break, but a dramatic finish nevertheless.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:38 am

Andrew wrote:Unlucky. If there is one thing that's better in newer games, it's player movement and shooting mechanics, which would've made it easier to get a better shot (with more chance of it going in). Still a decent look though, unfortunately it just didn't fall. Tough break, but a dramatic finish nevertheless.

Yeah, I'm just happy I ran a set and got a decent look. Good ol' Shooter A. :)

If I had passed to Arenas a bit earlier, I probably would've gotten a more open look. I felt like I needed to dribble back to the 3-point line since deep 3s are extremely rare in Live 06 (pre-Steph era, I guess), and that gave them some time to catch up and contest the shot.

Regardless, I'm 8 games in and already have 2 thrillers, so I'm pretty happy about that. Sometimes you just miss. (Y)
Breems
Back in my day...

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet (4-4)

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:45 am

For sure. It's a shame when it feels like you're at the mercy of the AI - again, that's something I do like about more modern games - but it does make things more interesting and exciting in its own way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:50 am

Mavs kill Wizards' holiday spirit
By WashingtonWizards.com staff / December 24th, 2005

@Dallas | L 91-96

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
Not a Mavs player was struggling,
Not even Jerry Stackhouse.

Washington continued their trend of starting strong - a trend Wizards fans may soon see as a bad omen - with a 27-21 lead after Q1. Jamison was his usual self, Nowitzki started out cold, and Agent Zero was able to get the ball wherever he wanted. Q2 was evenly matched as both teams scored 23 giving the Wizards a 50-44 lead at the half. Washington closed the half strong as Arenas followed up a posterizing dunk with a steal and 3-pointer. The Wizards employed a 2-3 zone throughout the first half which kept Nowitzki out of the paint and helped the Wizards control the boards. They shot 67% as a team in the first half, including 3-6 from 3.

The Mavs picked up the pace in Q3, outscoring the Wizards 21-17, and tying the game for the first time with 2:20 left in the quarter. The Wizards were up 2 heading into Q4, but the sharpshooting trio of Dirk, Terry, and Finley turned up the heat as the Wizards went cold.

Antawn Jamison continued his spectacular season with 27 points and 6 rebounds. Arenas recorded a double-double with 16 points/10 assists. Haywood had 12 points/8 rebounds, and Hayes and Butler both scored 10. For Dallas, Jason Terry scored 20 points to go along with 8 assists and 3 steals. Dirk scored 23, and Finley scored 17 points with 5 steals.

Player of the Game: Jason Terry
Box Score
Next Game: Dec 30 vs. Miami
Last edited by Breems on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 am

Here's hoping you can end the skid and go on another run!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet (5-5)

Postby Breems on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Struggling Heat stay cool, Wizards wrap 2005 with a win
By NBA.com staff / December 30th, 2005

vs. Miami (3-7) | W 91-85

Back in October, the prospect of facing Dallas and Miami - two likely championship contenders - in back-to-back games seemed like a gloomy way to end 2005. While the Wizards didn't pick up a Christmas gift in Dallas, they will head into the New Year with a W against a very talented Heat squad.

Jason Williams, top 10 in the league in assists and 3PM/A, started the game hot, scoring the first 10 points for the Heat. This gave the Heat a 10-2 lead, and Shaq added insult to injury by sinking 2 FTs to make it 12-2. Wizards coach Eddie Jordan called a timeout, and the Wizards responded with a nice run to end Q1 up 25-22. An evenly-played Q2 led to a 42-41 lead for Miami heading into the half.

Q3 was also evenly played as both teams scored 21 in the quarter. Alonzo Mourning went down with a minor injury which opened up the lane a bit for the Wizards. Arenas and Jamison began to capitalize. J-Will heated back up in Q4 and drained 2 3-pointers back-to-back, but Caron Butler responded with 4 straight baskets at the rim. Miami began to fall apart with poor shot attempts culminating in a 24-second violation with 30 seconds remaining. Arenas sealed the game on the next possession with a wide-open layup off a high ball screen.

Antawn Jamison had 22 points and 7 rebounds. Agent Zero recorded another double-double with with 21 points/10 assists as well as 5 steals. Caron Butler chipped in 16 points and 7 rebounds. Superstar Dwyane Wade, who recently recovered from a month-long injury, only managed 6 points for the Heat. J-Will dominated the ball with twice as many shot attempts (21) as the next player. He had 19 points and 7 assists but also 7 TOs and 5 fouls. Shaq added 18 points.

The Wizards move to 5-5 as the struggling Heat drop to 3-8.

Player of the Game: Gilbert Arenas
Box Score
Next Game: Jan 6 @Memphis
Last edited by Breems on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:53 pm

That's more like it. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Transactions
None

Wizards Team Stats

Standings

MVP Candidates

Top 10s
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Breems on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breems
Back in my day...

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood